Friday, April 10, 2009

Prachi Desai to do a film with Ekta Kapoor

I liked the pretty delicate Prachi Desai on television. Am sure many liked her too and then came her big break into the world of Bollywood. She got a good break and she gave a powerful performance playing Farhan Akhtar’s strong level headed wife. She gave a superb performance and in no time this leading lady from the small screen went on to win many hearts. Now that’s history. What is Prachi Desai doing these days?

The queen of television – Ekta Kapoor – has signed on the pretty Prachi for her next Bollywood venture. The two have come together again and this time for Balaji Films next production. Prachi Desai would be playing the role of the wife of Dawood Ibrahim’s mate Mehjabeen. The film is titled “Once Upon a Time in Mumbai”. With the film requiring real life looks , the two – Ekta and Prachi- have been busy shopping or rather hunting for clothes. From the Bhendi bazaar area in Mumbai to all possible Muslim localities they have been looking out for clothes to fit her looks in the film. She would have to go back in time for the role and have to dress up in the 1970s style.

She says “This character is from a time that existed before me. Yes I've done plenty of reading on my character. I want to look and feel like Mehjabeen. And it's such a challenge. And doing a film with Balaji is like coming home. Shobha Aunty, Jeetu Uncle and Ekta are like family. I remained connected with them when I did Rock On because it was directed by Ekta's cousin Gattu (Abhishek Kapoor). My second film Life Partner has Ekta's brother Tusshar Kapoor as my co-star. And now I'm finally doing a Balaji production”. Prachi has remained connected with Ekta and family. In fact, she has been doing films in the family itself and this time on with the television queen herself – Ekta Kapoor.

1 comment:

yahyapatel said...

i think prachi desai and ekta kapoor is not mached to do any film ?