Thursday, July 02, 2009

Amrita Rao has a makeover for Short Kut: The Con is On


Amrita Rao the petite girl from Ishq Vishk and Vivah has undergone a complete makeover for het latest film Short Kut: The Con is On. The film produced by Anil Kapoor Productions has Amrita playing a role very different from her next door girl image. She says “Since the plot is about a film within a film, I play my real self on reel. My character is an actress, so I am dolled up all the time. I must thank Manish Malhotra for coming up with costumes that go with my new look”. She sports eight different looks in the film. She further adds “This character is far more glamorous than other characters I have player in the past, but Shyam Benegal’s Welcome to Sajjanpur and Rsjshri’s Vivaah have instilled a sense of confidence in me to take up any kind of role. Working on these two films has given me maximum satisfaction and a lot of good offers too. It is a glam role with different costumes, but there’s nothing vulgar in it”.

Going by the promos of the film, it looks like a fun film and Amrita Rao adds a glam touch to it. With Akshaye Khanna and Arshad Warsi, the comedy looks great. The film revolves around the making of a film. So it is actually a film within a film as Amrita puts it. I think I am going to be at th theatres to watch this one, how about you. The film is to hit the theatres on the 10th of July, 2009.

No comments: