Friday, October 31, 2008

Is Ugly Aur Pugly - a hit or flop?

Ugly Aur Pugli” is it a hit or flop? The promos of the film looked interesting enough to get the people to the theatres. Although the papers are screaming out that the film is a “Smash Hit”, is it really true. The film didn’t have a great opening. The reason? The reason is known to the Indian audience alone. In fact, like the Indian stock market, the Bollywood films too really don’t have a specific reason for it to be termed a hit or flop. It depends on the mood of the people at the time I guess.

“Ugly Aur Pugli” the story of 99 slaps and a kiss is one from the Pritish Nandy Banner. The stars and the makers have a reason to smile. With positive word of mouth publicity the film sure is picking up. I think the reason for it for not taking off initially was Mallika Sherawat. The family audience like me is still a little skeptical about going for a film with the hot Mallika Sherawat and the ready to experiment Ranvir Shourey. You really don't know what to expect. I actually need someone reliable to recommend it before I venture out with my daughter to the theatre to watch the film. Although I am dying to watch it( as I personally like Mallika for her real cool attitude), don't know how safe it is for a just turned 9. http://bollywood-blog.moviezen.com/2008/07/hollywood-direc.html

No comments: