Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Yuuvraaj" all set for release tomorrow - 21 November, 2008

The crew of "Yuuvraaj"had a grand party for the success of the film's music. The film is all about music. In fact, Katrina Kaif took "Chello" lessons for playing her role in the film to perfection. The couple "Salman and Katrina" are eagerly looking forward to their film together. Will the Katrina Magic work for Salman? Will the film be a hit?

The film stars Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor, Katrina Kaif and Mithun Chakraborty. The showman "Subhash Ghai" is the producer cum director of the film. With music by none other than A R Rehman (no wonder the music is a hit..however will the music be able to save the film). Asked about the film Katrina says "Yeah...I would definitely classify it as a drama….a musical drama, so to say. Apne was the first drama film which I had done. I was very nervous about Apne but thankfully the audiences ended up liking it. At the end of the day, our audience still reacts to films that are correct emotionally and that's what Yuvvraaj also is. It's a different kind of a film for me because I am more used to doing comedies. Initially I was a bit nervous but now I am glad that I did the film. The music plays an integral part of the film. When you see the tagline of the film it says, 'Music binds love'. Some people may call it cliched but for me music does play such an important part in my day to day life that I could completely identify with what the film is trying to say". the film posters surely have Katrina all the way. Yuuvraaj definitely is trying to cash in on the Katrina fever.

When I generally see the promos of a film I have this feeling of whether the film is a hit or flop. In fact, I guess most of us can pass a verdict at this stage itself. Actually I have wondered several times that when being a layman I can predict just seeing the promo then why the knowledgeable industry gurus go ahead and make such super flops. While going through a script itself they should be able to decipher between the good and the bad.

Anyway coming back to "Yuuvraaj" which is all set for release tomorrow the 21st of November, let's see what turn their lucks take. With less than 12 hours to go while I write this post, there is very little wait to know the result of all the efforts. All the best to all connected with the film. What do you feel- is "Yuuvraaj" a hit or flop? I sure do not have much hopes and am surely going to give it a miss(unless of course there's really something that inspires).

1 comment:

Ramesh Srivats said...

Salman Khan for P.M.
You may want to check out http://www.rameshsrivats.net/2008/11/salman-khan-for-prime-minister.html